Breast Reduction Surgery
Tips for Recovering from Breast Reduction
- Remember that your breasts may be more swollen on the 3rd day then they are on the 1st day after surgery.
- Wearing a support bra 24 hours per day is very important during the period of swelling.
- It will take several weeks to see your results; this depends on the technique of breast reduction that was used.
- Avoid swimming until all of your incisions have healed.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and use sun block on your skin. When the skin is temporarily numb it is difficult to detect sunburn.
- Hold off on bra shopping for at least 6 weeks.
- If the breasts are taped to help flatten the scars, the tape should be changed weekly.
- Clean your incisions with a Q-tip and beware of fake nails, as they can harbor bacteria.
- Scars will take at least 1 year to fade so you must be patient.
- Swelling can be asymmetric; it will take several weeks for swelling to go down.
- Do not soak your incisions in water; keep them dry.
- Heavy lifting can put strain on your incisions causing them to disrupt.
« to Orlando Breast Reduction