When you were a little girl, you may have watched your mother or older sister apply lipstick to enrich her radiance. Initially, as an adult woman, you may have enjoyed that pleasure as well. If signs of aging such as thinning lips and lines have dimmed that joy, let Hillcrest Plastic Surgery renew it with lip enhancement in Orlando.
Many Florida medical spas offer lip enhancement with dermal fillers such as JUVÉDERM® or Restylane®. However, facial plastic surgeon Dr. Kenrick Spence takes time to evaluate your overall facial anatomy, your skin condition and your lip symmetry when designing the perfect facial rejuvenation treatment plan for the full, voluptuous lips you desire. He also can rejuvenate the area around your mouth, correcting concerns such as "lipstick bleed lines" and "smile lines."
Take the first step on your journey to renewing your lips' radiance. Request a consultation with Dr. Spence today. Or, you can give us a call at 407-999-2585, and one of our knowledgeable staff members will be happy to help you.
Who is a Candidate for Lip Enhancement?
You may benefit from lip and mouth enhancement if you are seeking a non-surgical way to:
- Smooth away wrinkles around your mouth
- Enhance the fullness of your lips
- Diminish lipstick "bleed lines"
- Fill in those facial creases known as "smile lines"
To see the beautiful results that Dr. Spence achieves, view our Before and After Photos.
Preparing for Your Procedure
Prior to your lip enhancement, Dr. Spence analyzes your face and skin, and he listens carefully to your desires and concerns. Based on that information, he provides you with his recommendations. Dr. Spence also will create a skin care regimen for you to follow prior to your procedure to help achieve the best results.
Your Lip Enhancement Options
In addition to lip enhancement using dermal fillers, Dr. Spence performs lip augmentation using procedures such as fat grafts.
Dr. Spence typically uses Restylane or JUVÉDERM for women who want to rejuvenate their lips and mouth area and improve the following:
- Wrinkles and lines around the mouth: Aging, sun damage and smoking can result in those unattractive "lipstick bleed lines" that even the most expensive lipstick can't hide. Dr. Spence fills in those lines for a more youthful look.
- Smile lines: A decrease in the production of collagen can result in loss of skin elasticity, creating unattractive naso-labial folds known as smile lines. Dr. Spence skillfully injects JUVÉDERM into those folds to restore the skin's youthful smoothness.
- Thin lips: Restylane can restore lost volume or add volume to lips that are unusually thin. Indicative of its appropriateness for this purpose, Restylane has received approval from the FDA for injection into the lips.
- Uneven lip borders: JUVÉDERM is ideal for filling out lip borders, resulting in subtly enhanced lips that look like those of a celebrity or model.
Recovery & Results
These "no downtime" treatments are exactly as described; there's no recovery needed. You can return to work, head to the gym or go shopping for a new lipstick right after your procedure. In some cases, you might notice mild redness for a few hours. Discomfort generally ranges from none to minimal, and typically it can be managed with acetaminophen.
Your benefits last between 4 and 6 months with Restylane and JUVÉDERM. You'll want to return for regular maintenance treatments, because once you experience the joy of looking in the mirror and seeing your full, beautifully sculpted lips, you'll want them to stay that way.