At Hillcrest Plastic Surgery, we have developed an advanced and effective approach to melasma in Orlando. Uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation, which are symptomatic of melasma, are among the most common and problematic skin care concerns. Dr. Kenrick Spence combines his extensive knowledge and skills with his aesthetic sensibilities to achieve evenly toned, healthy, beautiful skin.
Take the first step on your journey to enhancing your skin health and appearance. Request a consultation with Dr. Spence today. Or, you can give us a call at (407) 999-2585, and one of our knowledgeable staff members will be happy to help you.
Who is a Candidate for Melasma Treatment?
You may benefit from melasma treatment in Florida if:
- You have patches of discolored skin on areas of the face that are exposed to the sun, including the cheeks, forehead, lips, jaw, and chin
- You have pigmentation irregularities, such as those caused by hormonal changes
- You are a woman in your reproductive years who has what is known as the "mask of pregnancy," a term referring to brown patches on your face
- You suffer from post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH), which results in brown to red scars after acne lesions have healed
To view the naturally beautiful results that Dr. Spence achieves, view our Before and After Photos.
Patient Rewards Program
We've created a special rewards program for our loyal customers. Every time you purchase one of our aesthetic procedures or skin care products, you'll earn points that can be used toward non-surgical procedures and non-prescription skin care products.
Visit our Rewards Program page to learn more.
Melasma occurs primarily in women in their reproductive years, typically appearing as a patchy tan or brown discoloration on areas of the face that are exposed to the sun, including the cheeks, forehead, lips, jaw, and chin. Caused by a pigment production disorder, melasma can occur in all skin types. In addition to sun exposure, genetic predisposition and hormonal changes may contribute to melasma.
At our medical spa, we also treat other types of pigmentation irregularities, such as those caused by sun spots and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Melasma is classified according to the skin level at which it exists, and 4 different types exist:
- Excess pigment-producing cells present in the skin of dark-skinned individuals
What makes our melasma treatment so effective? Dr. Spence personally creates a customized plan targeted to your specific melasma type, skin concerns, and your aesthetic goals. He carefully selects the appropriate treatments to provide you with evenly toned, healthy skin.
Among the treatments used for melasma are:
- Skin-lightening creams: We offer one of the widest selections of skin-lightening creams in Florida, individualized to your skin type.
- Customized chemical peels: Because we work closely with manufacturers of the latest chemical peel technology, we customize each peel based on your skin concerns, type, and melasma level.
- Laser treatments: Fractional laser resurfacing has proven to be highly beneficial in treating melasma: Dr. Spence tailors the depth of each treatment to minimize downtime while achieving optimal results.
- Skin care products: To maintain the healthy, evenly toned skin that results from our treatments, Dr. Spence creates customized skin care product maintenance programs.
Recovery & Results
Depending on the treatments used, downtime varies. For example, no downtime is needed after treatment with topical skin care products. Laser treatments may result in slightly pink skin, which soon subsides. After their treatment, Dr. Spence's patients typically experience more evenly toned skin. In addition, he provides guidelines for maintaining those beautiful results.