BOTOX injections are among the most popular facial rejuvenation treatments for wrinkles around the eyes. As a result, BOTOX and related products are available at locations ranging from dentists' offices to day spas to BOTOX "parties."
But why settle for less than the highest level of quality and safety? If you're considering BOTOX in Orlando, only Hillcrest Plastic Surgery can offer you the renowned skills and experience of Dr. Kenrick Spence, who has refined his techniques for achieving subtle but beautiful results – with minimal to no downtime!
Take the first step on your journey to smoothing away those wrinkles and frown lines. Request a consultation with Dr. Spence today. Or, call us at 407-999-2585, and one of our knowledgeable staff members will be happy to assist you.
Who is a Candidate for BOTOX?
You may benefit from BOTOX if you:
- Want to diminish dynamic wrinkles, such as crow's feet and forehead lines
- Desire to minimize frown lines between the eyebrows
- Suffer from excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis
To view the naturally beautiful results that Dr. Spence achieves, view our Before and After Photos.
Your BOTOX Procedure
In contrast to injectable fillers that restore lost volume and "fill out" facial creases, Dr. Spence uses BOTOX Cosmetic to relax the muscles responsible for dynamic wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow's feet. You use these muscles when you smile, laugh, look perplexed, or scowl. In addition to using BOTOX Cosmetic for facial rejuvenation, Dr. Spence can use BOTOX to help you if you suffer from excessive sweating, known as hyperhidrosis.
BOTOX Cosmetic for Facial Rejuvenation
During your consultation, Dr. Spence will ask you about the areas that concern you and discuss the best approach for correcting these concerns. For example, if you are:
- Younger, with wrinkles at the corner of your eyes, around your lips, and forehead just beginning to show, Dr. Spence generally prefers BOTOX Cosmetic due to its precision.
Dr. Spence uses a tiny needle for the injections, which minimizes discomfort or inflammation. The procedure typically lasts about 15 to 20 minutes. Learn more about BOTOX Cosmetic by reading our BOTOX Cosmetic FAQs.
BOTOX for Hyperhidrosis
Although perspiring is a natural physical function, used to help your body regulate its temperature, excessive sweating can result in physical and emotional discomfort. If you have hyperhidrosis, Dr. Spence can ease that discomfort with BOTOX.
Just as BOTOX works to block the nerve impulses that cause facial muscles to contract and form wrinkles when used for facial rejuvenation, BOTOX disables the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands when used for hyperhidrosis. BOTOX is FDA-approved to treat underarm perspiration when topical treatments do not suffice.
What Areas Can BOTOX Treat?
Facial rejuvenation with BOTOX is phenomenal. Your doctor can administer BOTOX in several areas of your face, including your:
- Forehead – the most common BOTOX injection site, such as horizontal lines on the forehead, are often the first signs of aging.\
- Between eyebrows – diminishes the appearance of “11 lines” from the area between your eyebrows, known as the glabella, to correct a tired or angry look.\
- Upper eyebrow – treats drooping eyebrows
- Crow’s feet – erases the tiny lines that form at the outer corners of your eyes when you smile
- Bunny lines – treats the rabbit-like wrinkles at the sides of your nose, also known as nasalis lines, that appear when you scrunch up your face, smile, or laugh
- Smile lines – addresses the lines at the corners of your mouth
- Neck bands – corrects the appearance of horizontal and vertical lines in the neck
Medical Uses for BOTOX
While BOTOX is extraordinary for facial rejuvenation, it is also a safe and effective treatment for a number of medical conditions. In fact, BOTOX was originally developed to treat crossed eyes back in the 1970s. Since then medical professionals have started administering BOTOX to treat:
- Neck spasms
- Foot pain
- Overactive bladder
- Leaky bladder
- Stomach problems
- Excessive sweating
BOTOX can even reduce pain associated with muscle spasms and stiffness and ease discomfort resulting from neurological disorders.
Risks Involved with BOTOX Treatment
All medications, including BOTOX, present some risks. Fortunately, BOTOX treatment is quite safe when administered by a licensed, trained medical professional in a healthcare setting.
Possible side effects and unwanted results may include:
- Pain, bruising, or swelling at the injection site
- Infection at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms
- Crooked eyebrows or droopy eyelids
- A crooked smile or drooling when injected near your mouth
- Dry or watery eye
Most side effects are minor and disappear on their own in a few hours or days. Rarely, though, the medication can spread where it isn’t supposed to go and cause symptoms there. Call your healthcare provider right away if you experience any of the following hours or weeks after your BOTOX procedure:
- Muscle weakness
- Changes in your vision
- Difficulty talking or swallowing
- Shortness of breath or other breathing problems
- Allergic reaction (itching, rash, or swelling in your lips, eyelids, hands, or feet)
- Loss of bladder control
Recovery & Results
After your treatment, you can resume your regular routine. The results from BOTOX Cosmetic appear during the next 5 to 7 days. When used for excessive sweating, most patients begin to experience decreased perspiration during the week after their treatment.
BOTOX results typically last 3 to 4 months, with some patients reporting longer-lasting benefits.
The BOTOX Procedure
Getting BOTOX is easier and more comfortable than you might realize. Most people do not experience much pain during a BOTOX injection, but depending on which area of the body you are getting treated, your doctor may recommend numbing the treatment area first.
Using a thin needle, your healthcare provider injects tiny amounts of BOTOX into your skin or muscles. The number of injections depends on the size of the treatment area. Your doctor may use ultrasound to guide the needle to ensure you get all the BOTOX benefits you need for a good outcome.
Schedule a Consultation for BOTOX with Dr. Spence
For more information about the BOTOX procedure, its benefits, and drawbacks, consult with Hillcrest Plastic Surgery & Dermatology. Our Orlando plastic surgeon offers BOTOX treatments to treat signs of premature aging, hyperhidrosis, and more. Contact Hillcrest Plastic Surgery & Dermatology today by calling 407-999-2585 or by filling out our online form.