At our medical spa in Orlando, skin care treatments for men have become increasingly popular. More men are visiting Hillcrest Plastic Surgery to benefit from our skills and experience in correcting the signs of aging and improving the health of their skin. Men have unique skin care needs, and our specialists understand the factors that differentiate their skin, such as:
- Significant hair growth
- Thicker skin
- Higher oil content, due to more testosterone
- Daily exfoliation from shaving
- Higher levels of environmental exposure in many cases
At Hillcrest Plastic Surgery, we successfully treat men's unique skin care needs with customized skin care protocols. Compared to women, men tend to be less concerned about eliminating every wrinkle, but they do appreciate healthy-looking skin. Although they generally do not want regimens requiring multiple products, most male patients will agree to using, at the most, 3 products.
To provide our male patients with the most effective and time-efficient method for improving the health and appearance of their skin, we utilize these categories of products:
- Retinols to rejuvenate and exfoliate thick skin with high levels of environmental exposure
- Foaming gels to clean thicker skin with deeper pores
- Combination sun block/ antioxidant for greater protection
At Hillcrest Plastic Surgery, Obagi®, Dermesse™, Revision®, and NeoStrata® are the skin care lines that benefit most men's skin needs. In addition, we work closely with a compounding pharmacy to personalize your male skin care regimen when needed.