Are You A Good Candidate for Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Posted on 07/23/2019 on behalf of Dr. Kenrick Spence, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Do you suffer from gynecomastia (overdevelopment of male breasts)? If you do, you’re not alone. This condition affects more men then you may realize.
In teenagers, gynecomastia is typically temporary and due to the hormonal changes occurring within the body. However, if the condition persists into adulthood, even after weight loss, it tends to be permanent. Overdevelopment of male breast can cause self-esteem and confidence issues.
What Can Be Done About Gynecomastia?
Our male breast reduction surgery in Orlando removes excess fat, breast gland tissue, and excess skin. The breast is contoured to achieve a more masculine appearance.
Good Candidates for Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Ideal candidates for this surgery will have the following:
- Good overall health
- Large breasts that haven’t been improved by weight loss
- The condition affects your self-esteem and confidence levels
- You don’t smoke or are willing to quit smoking for surgery
- You are at a stable and healthy weight
- Determination to maintain your current weight post-surgery
- You aren’t required to take medications that cause gynecomastia as a side effect
- You have realistic expectations about the outcome. The goal is to give you a more masculine appearance, not to give you pectoral muscles
- At least 16 years of age and have gynecomastia for at least two years
Moving Forward with Surgery
If you fit into the category of the ideal candidate for male breast reduction surgery, then you should call Hillcrest Plastic Surgery in Orlando for a consultation. We look forward to working with you to help you get the look and feel you’ve always wanted. Call today for a private consultation.
Posted on behalf of Hillcrest Plastic Surgery