Your skin is the largest organ of the body and the most susceptible to the world around you. Because of this, it is vital that you keep your skin healthy and moisturized. Some patients deal with chronic skin dryness that causes redness, itching, and scaling. With the help of Dr. Kenrick A. Spence and Dr. Fernando Ovalle of Hillcrest Plastic Surgery, patients of the Orlando, FL area can learn about extra steps they can take to combat dryness and enjoy smooth, silky, and healthy skin once and for all!
What can be done to fight dry skin?
Below are just a few of the recommendations made by Dr. Kenrick A. Spence regarding the solutions that best address dry skin:
- Apply a moisturizer right after you get out of the shower while your skin is still damp.
- Do not rub the skin dry after a shower, pat it.
- Use a humidifier in your home to add moisture to the air.
- Drink plenty of water each day to keep the body and skin hydrated.
- Avoid harsh soaps and detergents that may irritate the skin.
- Apply a heavy moisturizer before bedtime.
- Wear cotton clothing, which allows your skin to breathe better than other fabrics do.
- Use lotions and moisturizers throughout the day to prevent drying out of the skin.
- Ask your dermatologist or doctor for prescription-based products to keep your skin clear and healthy.
If your skin is dry, itchy, and irritated, following these simple tips above can help. By considering these recommendations, you can relieve your dry skin and help prevent it from returning. Just remember to be consistent with your routine and moisturize regularly to avoid the consequences of poorly hydrated skin. Your skin will thank you for it!
Call Hillcrest Plastic Surgery today to learn more about treating dry skin!
Dr. Kenrick A. Spence and Dr. Fernando Ovalle are plastic surgeons in the community of Orlando, FL, who can assist you in finding solutions to improve the skin. If you struggle with dry skin and are in need of help, call our office at 407-999-2585 to request an appointment with our team. We are open to new and established patients and can assist with surgical and nonsurgical needs for the skin and body.