The otoplasty procedure, also known as ear pinning or overall ear surgery, is a commonly performed facial plastic surgery procedure at Hillcrest Plastic Surgery in Orlando, FL. Both men and women who are unhappy with the size, shape, or even a noticeable protrusion of their ears might want to work with a plastic surgeon to correct these aesthetic concerns. In fact, patients as young as five may undergo this procedure as long as the ears are fully developed.
What can I expect from my otoplasty procedure?
Patients undergoing the otoplasty procedure might have a lot of questions about the process and the recovery time. It is vital that patients book a consultation visit and initial evaluation to first determine if they are appropriate candidates, and then take time to discuss the healing process. This helps in clearing up any misconceptions about plastic surgery and answer any questions ones may have about what can and cannot be achieved with surgical interventions.
What should I do after the otoplasty procedure?
When patients have had the surgery performed by Dr. Kenrick A. Spence, they are sent home after their procedure with post-operative instructions. Patients need to follow these instructions closely to minimize certain risks such as the development of an infection or setbacks that may require further treatment to correct. Patients will want to consider the following:
- Arrange transportation to and from the appointment as anesthesia may remain in effect
- Keep the head elevated when sleeping to facilitate proper blood flow
- Expect some swelling during the first few days, but address with elevation
- Keep the head lifted as much as possible to reduce inflammation and redness
- Take prescribed medications as directed
- Apply topical ointments as directed
- Wear clothing that is easy to remove and put on
- Wear headbands and dressing as instructed following the procedure
Are you interested in otoplasty surgery?
It’s time to talk to an experienced professional about plastic surgery solutions such as ear surgery. If you reside in or around the area of Orlando, FL and want to speak to a plastic surgeon about your options, connect with Dr. Kenrick A. Spence of Hillcrest Plastic Surgery. Our facility is located at 130 Hillcrest Street and accepts new patients who call (407) 999-2585 for an appointment.