What You Should Know About Body Lift Surgery
Posted on 12/30/2018 on behalf of Dr. Kenrick Spence, M.D., F.A.C.S.
You did it! You stayed committed and lost all that weight. But now your body is left with a ton of saggy and excess skin. Fortunately, there’s a surgery called the body lift transformation that will completely make you over and have you looking and feeling your best. The professionals of Hillcrest Plastic Surgery in Orlando, Florida can help you accomplish your goals.
What is It?
It’s important to know that a body lift procedure is a major surgery, with a long recovery time. So, if you’re considering this treatment, you should also consider being prepared for the following:
- A recovery period of six weeks or longer.
- Discomfort following recovery (which can be maintained with medication).
- Drain tubes placed to remove fluids while you heal, to minimize buildup and swelling. This will normally be needed for about two weeks.
- You’ll have to be on a special diet.
- You’ll need to wear a medical compression garment at all times.
- You won’t be able to shower until your bandages are removed, which will be for about two weeks.
- You’ll be restricted from exercise and lifting anything heavier than five pounds. Walking is, however, encouraged. You should wait eight weeks before going back to your regular exercise routine.
- Swelling may not completely subside for three months.
You can see that undergoing a body lift is a big decision that takes a lot of planning and will require a lot of commitment.
Fortunately, it’s also lifechanging. Especially for people who have lost significant amounts of weight!
Hillcrest Plastic Surgery can help you decide when the time is right for you. If you’re considering getting this treatment and you want to speak to Dr. Kenrick Spence, our Orlando plastic surgeon, then schedule a consultation today. We look forward to being a part of your whole body makeover.
Posted on behalf of Hillcrest Plastic Surgery